My mentorships are personalized, one-on-one, comprehensive, and super fun. Looking to boost your creativity? Gain more confidence and ease while working with clients? Streamline your workflow? Take your editing to the next level? Awesome! We can totally do those things together, and more. I have been shooting professionally since 2006, full-time since 2015, studied photography at The Academy of Art University in San Francisco and The Art Institute of Portland, as well as earned my BA in art history from Portland State University. It has been a griiiiiiind to get to where I am, and (sorry not sorry) no one should end up with 100k in student load debt like I did. So I am here to pass on whatever knowledge I possibly can in order to help build up other photographers in the community.
Types of mentorships offered:
The Chat - $250
Great for photographers just needing a little advice or guidance.
- A 2 hour Q&A sit down over coffee where you can ask me anything you would like. Nothing even remotely photography or business related is off the table, ask away!
Perfect for any photographer looking for some inspiration to step up their session game.
- Shadow/assist me on a real session to see how I interact with clients, posing, lighting, composition, etc.
- Post session Q&A dinner or brunch sit down to go over the session and ask any questions you may have
Great for those photographers who have been at it part time for a little while, and are now ready to take their business to the next level. Side hustle no more, let's do this!
- Everything included in The Shadow, plus . . .
- I will review your website, pricing, portfolio, social media, etc. and give my opinion on what is working and what isn't
- We will discuss branding and personal style in great depth, I will recommend any relevant vendors
- We will go over editing and retouching and I will show you my techniques and help you with anything you are struggling with
- I will share with you my complete start to finish workflow, organization, file system, etc. everything you need to keep your business end running smoothly
- Free reign to completely bombard my email with any questions you might have about anything photography or business related for 3 months
Perfect for the photographer who is ready to invest in their future and turn their kinda business/kinda hobby into a profitable career.
- Everything included in The Overhaul, plus . . .
- I take you location scouting, show you how to pick the perfect locations, and share with you my super secret favorite places to shoot
- You receive PDF templates for client welcome packets, contracts, questionnaires, frequently sent emails, etc.
- We will discuss work life balance, time management, mindset and techniques to manage the stress of running your own business
- I share with you all of my favorite apps, vendors, products, etc.
- We go over, in detail, everything that could (and will) go wrong, and how to handle it with grace
- We capture a styled shoot together, where I guide you through the techniques we have discussed and you capture some gorgeous images to help build your portfolio
- Free reign to completely bombard my email with any questions you might have about anything photography or business related for 6 months
IS A MENTORSHIP RIGHT FOR YOU?
These mentorships are meant to be just that, true mentorships. They are going to be personal, you will likely be invited into my home, get to know me, and I will get to know you. The ultimate goal would be to create a supportive personal and professional relationship we will both benefit from throughout the rest of our careers. Please read my captions, watch my BTS videos, etc. and make sure it seems like you might vibe with me. I'm pretty easy to get along with, but just in case. If I don't seem like your cup of tea, this isn't for you.
These mentorships are not for beginners or those seeking technical instruction. You will be expected to fully understand the basic workings of your camera and be able to shoot in manual mode. If you aren't quite proficient with your camera, this isn't for you, at least not yet. ;)
These mentorships are non-refundable. Each mentorship is time intensively custom designed to your preferences and goals and so no refunds will be given. If you are worried you might have cold feet about your investment, this isn't for you.
These mentorships are not social media intensive. I am not a social media guru. I will share with you the knowledge I have with regards to social media, but I am no expert. If your main goal is to have a bazillion followers or master the dreaded algorithm, this isn't for you.
These mentorships are only for those fully vaccinated against COVID. I am high risk, and also for the safety of my clients, I must insist on this. If you cannot provide documentation of your vaccines prior to our first meeting, this isn't for you.